Each piece of our jewelry is hand-crafted and therefore delicate. Sterling silver tarnishes, especially when exposed to salt air and products containing sulfur, such as rubber bands and some papers. However, silver that is regularly used typically needs less care, so we strongly encourage you to use or wear your silver every day. Please use appropriate care to enjoy our jewelry for a long time.
- After each use, gently wipe with a soft cloth and store in a jewelry box.
- Please avoid direct contact with water (salt or fresh), excessive perspiration, and chemicals such as chlorine, sulfur, perfume, detergent and lotion. Excessive light, heat or moisture will deteriorate the quality of plating on the metal and gemstones.
- Our collections consist of precious metal (sterling silver) and are often plated with 18K gold. The metal may darken or tarnish with normal wear. We recommend gently wiping the metal surface with a polishing cloth, however, excessive polishing will rub off the plating and is not recommended.
- Crystalline gemstones, such as amethyst, blue topaz, citrine, or peridot attract oils and lotions causing them to appear dull. To clean, soak them in a bowl of water with a touch of gentle dish soap. A soft baby’s toothbrush may be used to scrub around and behind the stone. After cleaning, place your jewelry in a strainer and rinse before thoroughly drying with a lint-free cloth.
- Because some of the stones used in our collection are natural gemstones and pearls, they may vary in shape, size and color. Inclusions can be seen in natural stones and is a part of their beauty. Pearls and most gemstones do not stand the force of cleaning agents, polishing cloth or ultrasonic cleaners.
- Pearls require proper care to retain their beauty and luster. They should be kept away from perfumes, cosmetics, perspiration, chlorine, vinegar, ammonia, and dirt. We recommend you put them on last, after hair products and perfume. Pearls should be removed before exercising to protect them from perspiration. After wearing, gently wipe them with a slightly damp cloth.
Ellen Himic, LLC stands by the craftsmanship of our jewelry. If your jewelry needs repair, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Return/Repair Authorization Number. This number expires seven days after issue and we do NOT accept returns without it or after expiration. Please note, charges for repair are assessed based on date of purchase/type of repair, and we will not guarantee charge estimates before receiving the physical piece.
Please ship your item in a sturdy box and include a copy of your receipt. We suggest you insure the item and ship the item in a way that you can verify receipt (UPS or Parcel Post). Once the jewelry is assessed and prior to repair, we will contact you if any charges apply and an estimated date of return.